Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Messiah's Autobiography: Rev. Sun Myung Moon

Messiah's Autobiography

Millions consider Rev. Moon to be the Messiah, the Second Coming of Christ. Testimony tells he was called by Jesus when he was child. Now Sun Myung Moon’s autobiography “A Life in the quest for peace as a peace-loving global citizen”, was translated in English.

Moon's autobiography was a best-seller in his native Korea. Even previously negative Christians testified how much reading it changed their perspective on this controversial religious leader, often portrait as a cult and sect in the past.

A biography of Sun Myung Moon, Becoming a World Figure through the Love of Peace, was released in South Korea few years ago and has become a bestseller. The book was published by a respectable publishing house, GimmYoungSa. Some prominent Christians in South Korea have denounced the book. Is the fact that this book is selling well an indicator that even a significant plurality of South Koreans embrace Moon's worldview.

The book was published now in English, gives Western readers the opportunity to learn more about a man whose actions and objectives are the subject of international attention to learn for decades.

Moon is famous for his role in ending Communism, his great success in bringing unity and reconciliation among different religions, and his support for family and moral values. Rev. Moon's teachings were a life-transforming revelation for many seeking the truth.

According to Reverend Moon, this present materialistic age will soon yield to a new age of spirituality, one based on the universal principle of unselfish service to others and a culture of God-centered families where people of all nations, cultures, races and religions will rejoice together. In the following sections, learn about Reverend Moon's life and work of eight decades to bring about this new era.

Rev. Moon's memoirs have been selling well in Korea. Here are some excerpts from the foreword of the book:

A life in the pursuit of peace as a peace-loving citizens of the world

By the Rev. Sun Myung Moon.

True love is a heart that gives and gives, and will continue to give. True love is a love that even forgets that it was already love, and love there again. I have lived my whole life drunk in such a love.

I wanted nothing apart from love, and I threw my whole being into the effort to share love with my impoverished neighbors. At times, the way of love was so hard that my knees buckled under me, but even then I felt glad in my heart, dedicated to loving humanity. Even now I am filled with love, that I still can not give.

It is a prayer that this love is a river of peace saturation of the drought affected areas and flowing to the ends of the earth, that I now in this book place in front of the world.

Recently, a growing number of people have wanted to know more about me. In the interest of those who are curious, I looked back on my life and took my honest recollections in this book. As with the stories that could not be included in this

To bring a world of peace, I've spent my life going to the lowliest and most secluded places. I met mothers in Africa who could only watch helplessly as their children died of hunger, and I met fathers in South America who lived by a river full of fish but couldn't feed their children because they didn't know how to fish. All I did was give them a small amount of food, but they granted me their love in return. Intoxicated with the power of love, I cultivated forests and planted seeds. I cut down trees to build a school, and I caught fish to feed hungry children. I was happy even as mosquitoes bit me all over while I fished all through the night. Even when my feet were sinking knee-deep into mud, I was happy because I could see the shadows of loneliness disappear from the faces of my neighbors.

Seeking the shortest path to a world of peace, I devoted myself to inspiring change in the political process and to changing people's ways of thinking. I met then President Gorbachev of the Soviet Union as part of my effort to bring reconciliation between communism and democracy. I met then President Kim Il Sung of North Korea for a serious discussion on how to bring peace to the Korean Peninsula. As if I were a fireman responding to an emergency, I went to a morally declining United States, where I worked to reawaken the Puritan spirit. I've dedicated myself to resolving various conflicts in the world. For the sake of reconciliation between Muslims and Jews, I did not hesitate to go to Palestine at a time when terror was rampant. I've brought together thousands of Jews, Muslims and Christians in forums for reconciliation, and I've organized peace marches. But conflict continues.

I see hope, though, that an age of peace is about to be inaugurated in Korea. The Korean people have been trained through endless suffering and the tragedy of division, and I can feel in every cell of my body that a powerful energy has been stored here and is ready to burst out. In the same way that no one can stop spring from coming, no human power can stop heavenly fortune from coming to the Korean peninsula. The people of Korea need to prepare themselves so that they may rise with the tide of heavenly fortune when it arrives. I am a controversial person. The mere mention of my name causes trouble in the world. I have never sought money or fame but have spent my life speaking of peace. The world, though, has associated many different phrases with my name, rejected me and thrown stones at me. Many are not interested in knowing what I say or what I do. They only oppose me.

I have been unjustly imprisoned six times -- by imperial Japan, in Kim II Sung's North Korea, by South Korea's Syngman Rhee government, and even in the United States. At times in my life, I have been beaten so hard that flesh was torn from my body. Today, though, not even the slightest wound remains in my heart. Wounds easily disappear in the presence of true love. Even enemies melt away without a trace in the presence of true love. True love flows from a heart that gives and gives, and wants to continuing giving. It flows from one who loves, forgets having loved, and loves again. I have lived my entire life intoxicated in such love. I wanted nothing aside from love, and I threw my entire being into the effort to share love with my impoverished neighbors. At times, following the path of love was so difficult that my knees buckled under me, but even then I felt happy in my heart, which is dedicated to loving humanity.

Even now, I am filled with love that I have not yet been able to give. It is with a prayer that this love will become a river of peace saturating the drought-stricken land and flowing to the ends of the earth that I now place this book before the world. Recently, a growing number of people have been seeking to know more about me; interest apparently increased around the world following the near-tragic helicopter accident last year. For the sake of those who are curious, I have looked back on my life and recorded my candid recollections in this book. As for the stories that could not be included in this volume, I hope there will be other opportunities for me to convey them.

I send boundless love to all those who have put their faith in me, remained by my side, and lived their lives with me; and to my wife, Hak Ja Han Moon, to whom I am deeply grateful for struggling alongside me to scale the most difficult peaks.

Biography of Sun Myung Moon Congratulatory Messages



New Revelations will Transform the World:

CHAPTER 1. THE PRINCIPLE OF CREATION15

CHAPTER 2. THE HUMAN FALL53

CHAPTER 3. ESCHATOLOGY AND HUMAN HISTORY79

CHAPTER 4. THE MESSIAH: HIS ADVENT AND THE PURPOSE OF HIS SECOND COMING111

CHAPTER 5. RESURRECTION133

CHAPTER 6. PREDESTINATION153

CHAPTER 7. CHRISTOLOGY163

0 comments:

Post a Comment